• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
saume3672
Junior Boarder

covers

#44097 3 years, 3 months ago
Furthur seems to love continuing the tradition of covering Bob Dylan and The Beatles, just as the Dead did. I am enjoying the "new" covers as well. Artists like The Rolling Stones, Elvis Costello, Ryan Adams and now The Clash! Really looking forward to hearing that version of "Train in Vain".

I love how diverse every show is. I have been to about 10 Furthur shows now and I have enjoyed every one of them. Not just for the eclectic set lists but the community as well. Good times!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: covers

#44203 3 years, 3 months ago
I think the covers are something that firmly separates Furthur from the Dead. Can't really hear the GD playing the Abbey Road medley or Fool In The Rain. Or Train In Vain. As much as they can conjure the Dead when they want to -- and I love 'em for that -- this is definitely a different band taking new chances.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, prasada
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#44638 3 years, 3 months ago
Equinox wrote:
I think the covers are something that firmly separates Furthur from the Dead. Can't really hear the GD playing the Abbey Road medley or Fool In The Rain. Or Train In Vain. As much as they can conjure the Dead when they want to -- and I love 'em for that -- this is definitely a different band taking new chances.

thank you for realizing that...many folks do not...i have told people from the very beginning if you are going to a furthur show to see the grateful dead don't bother coming...they are their own band doing their own thing, taking it to newer, in some cases higher levels
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#44942 3 years, 3 months ago
I agree, it's not the Dead. The covers are like what Phish does with their "musical costumes" on Halloween. Audacious chances -- "Lets see if we can pull this off." It raises the bar that much higher.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#45255 3 years, 3 months ago
like the covers too
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds