• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
ricgrass
Fresh Boarder

Re: The Mann Center Setlist 7/23/2001

#43250 3 years, 2 months ago
Found a Furthur baseball card on the ground last nite at the Mann
60's style card with artwork by Alex Fine
Attachments:
ricgrass
Fresh Boarder

#43251 3 years, 2 months ago
Try again
furcard2_2011-07-24.JPG
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#43258 3 years, 2 months ago
i was quite pleased with last night's show. looking forward to hearing tonight's stream and perhaps getting the terrapin that i thought was coming last night.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#43262 3 years, 2 months ago
ricgrass wrote:
Try again
furcard2_2011-07-24.JPG

That's sweet
GOOD LOVE
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#43265 3 years, 2 months ago
this show was fantastic, best playing of the tour in my opinion...great song selection, great vibe, all a round a great day..will write a full review when i get time...leaving hotel (2 pm checkout at candlewood suites for their free priority club members) for pnc, see ya'll
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#43274 3 years, 2 months ago
tight show...not the best i've seen them, setlist left a little to be desired for me...i was impressed with the band's energy level, given the conditions...getting into the venue was an absolute clusterf&^k...thousands of people and only four turnstyles open...just a huge crush of people in that heat...there was damn near a rush on the gate and it got pretty crazy...terrible job by the venue staff getting people into the show...probably the last time i will see a rock show at the mann...great for the orchestra though
Josh
Junior Boarder

#43333 3 years, 2 months ago
Worst of the Furthur shows I've seen too - The setlist was pedestrian and the music just never really took off. I NEVER want to hear "Masterpiece" again - especially at the mind numbingly slow tempos it's being played at. The GD beat that poor song to death.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Josh.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#43399 3 years, 2 months ago
That's actually what I liked about the setlist. Masterpiece, Last Time, Quinn, Women Are Smater. Those are all staples of Grateful Dead shows that you don't hear too often anymore. I thought it was a nice little flashback. Also the loose, relaxed jams (likely due to the heat) also added to the classic Dead vibe. IMO.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#43409 3 years, 2 months ago
Damn I wanted to do this show but already had my Vibes camping pass. After seeing the setlist I'm pretty mad I didn't do this one ---- I could of just left Vibes and came back. I loved Elvis Costello but thats all I would of missed that I was really into - def wish I went to this show now....
robbieg
Fresh Boarder

#43503 3 years, 2 months ago
I am a serious critic, always have been, and more now than ever, and to be quite honest bro...John hasnt had the opportunities to sing much, and at the Mann he sang so many tunes, and more than usual..and a highlight was his licks during R & C that led to his right on vocal lines...Ilistened and he was right on with end of lick into verse..tremendous, and back to back John singing into Loser..man, this was good, even if short...basically they have been doing this the entire tour, with maybe Saratoga exception (my favorite of the tour to date), where they just are whipping through the tunes. For example, in Bethel they played phenomenal, but did rip through a shorter Eyes and Stephen, but played and sung extremely well. So after seeing 4 shows, yes i agree the jams are shorter, but damn, in this freakin heat, dude, the way they ripped HELP>SLiP>FRANKLINS..I dont know how they did it..I was battling the heat and I wasnt even playing up there under the hot lights...The only dissappointment I had was with the police presence outside.
These guys rock, and this is the best sounding, playing tour since Phil & FRiENDS..Kudos to them! I Russo, and Molo! But wish Mickey and Bill came around! Oh well..Enjoy the tunes...Peace, Robbie G www.dancindawgproductions.com
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds