• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
deddhdd1
Fresh Boarder

SPAC

#42818 3 years, 3 months ago
Ive been going to shows siince Sep 1980. Seen the Grateful Dead, Jerry Garcia Band, Bobby and the Midnites, Robert Hunter, Tom Constanten, Merl Saunders, NRPS. All I have to say is for me, the SPAC on July 19 was the best show Ive ever seen. This group of musicians are playing so well together right now. And Russo, christ that guys on par with Keith Moon and John Bonham. Keep up the good work guys!
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: SPAC vs GD, JGB

#42826 3 years, 3 months ago
"There is nothing like a Grateful Dead concert ". No comparison man. I'm glad you had a high time.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

Re: SPAC

#42850 3 years, 3 months ago
I loved this show as well got inside seats for the first time rather than lawn it was great , Nice capris Bobby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
long distance runner
Fresh Boarder

#42868 3 years, 3 months ago
I'm realllllllly enlove with the stream on archive .. already .. )
rukind
Fresh Boarder

#42928 3 years, 3 months ago
May 26, 1977 was my first and Pittsburgh June 30, 1995 the last GD Show. Hundreds of shows in between. Of all the post Jerry ensembles, this one is unbelieveable. John K is such a great fit. Its hearing all of the different eras of Jerry mixed into one. I kept thinking Jerry was looking down and smiling. I told my friends afterward (They flew in from Co.) that they may call themselves Furthur, but what I witnessed was an Ole Fashioned Grateful Dead show!
And how about the back drop screen??????
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#42934 3 years, 3 months ago
What an awesome walk to and from SPAC down that avenue of the pines.
Xonk
Junior Boarder

#42951 3 years, 3 months ago
Bobby doesn't wear short shorts any more, now he wears short pants!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes
mirabelasunshine
Junior Boarder

#42952 3 years, 3 months ago
I've given up trying to compare. So many other variables ... I'm not 16 anymore, and I haven't dosed in 20 years, and the place isn't crammed beyond capacity with zonked-out young people hanging on every note ... but it was a damned good show, there should be no doubt. These guys show up ready to work.
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#43310 3 years, 3 months ago
I am listening to the Chris LaPorte recording of this show as I sit in my office and look out on Doodah who is taking a swim in the pool. Here comes the Sun is so sweet and low, one can imagine the sun glistening off the water as it pours down from above. Into Cosmic Charlie which spans the ageless chasm from the sixties to 2011, I can hear my Momma calling me home, but instead I veered to SPAC which can be safely called a temple of gratefully related shows from 1983 to the present. I finally catch my breath only to find myself wrapped around a bunch of kind hearted old hipsters smoking that with the full Cucomonga moon pridefully shining on. Then all hell in a bucket breaks loose and my head is full of rumbling Harley's cruising the ailes of the SPAC gunning their engines. JK slows it down and my head is full of So Many Roads traveled and I feel more and more like I am changing and gaining years of life as my youth seems to come back and gain strength and the crowd moves in swirling, twirling, gaggles of dancing rythmists. The Lost Sailer that I am, long honorobaly discharged from the service creates an opportunity for this St. of Circumstance, and love smiles back from a bursting color lit stage. But just then with disaster lurking Casey Jones steps forward to warn us all about the dangers of taking life to the limit.

Break Time

What a Show...wasn't Born Cross Eyed but tonight I feel it just like I have before and the light show er screen in the back of the band burst with color and images to delight the senses and again Caution is the word of the day and Cryptical develops and envelops the Zipster as images burning cherry red lights sear my brain from within. I'm still enjoying this ride with the caveat I always look in the rear view to make sure the scene is safe and the sounds are fine It is good to be The Other one but Furthur down the road I fall into a bay and then was saved by a Wharf Rat from on high, who is comforting and soothes my soul as we watch the Eclipse of the Moon, while Uncle Johns Band plays from the Ice Blue Rose mountains while Viola sings her Blues and then a Box of Rain falls down and cools everyone with a gentle misty dew.

Suddenly I find myself huggung Doodah and its Zippity Doodah back through the forest to a brand new day...peace and love to you, yours, and Futhur blessings be to all on this new day...see you safely down the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 6StringRider, Bakes
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds